CWA/THRYV Bargaining Report #1
CWA/THRYV Bargaining update 1
CWA Members of THRYV, We began our 2020 bargaining session on August 4th and 5th. The company’s opening statement focused on three principles:
- Flexibility to run the business to move quickly to execute business strategies
- Simplify how they operate in the marketplace
- Efficiently utilize the sale professional in a “best practice” manner
The company passed several retrogressive proposals.
- 1-year contract
- Eliminate the $100 bi-weekly stipend
- Eliminate the $250 “virtual Office Home set-up Payment
- Remove the notice to the union of layoffs
- Move all THRYV business advisors to the THRYV’s FAVR Vehicle reimbursement program
- Passed proposals on clean up language
- opening statement was short and brief, we gave a lot up in our last round of bargaining, and we will not accept any givebacks. We are looking for a fair contract for our members. The current contract expires 8/7/2020 (TODAY) CWA and Thryv have agreed to extend the current contract until August 28, 2020. Please sign up a non-member to strengthen our voice at the bargaining table. We are reconvening bargaining on 8/24/2020.
CWA Bargaining team