Virginia Chesney’s 100th birthday isn’t until November, but the former telephone operators’ annual reunion is always in July at CWA Local 3805 in Knoxville Tennessee, so she and her old colleagues celebrated a little early. Chesney, who retired from the Bell system as group chief operator of information services, moved to Knoxville in 1947 after starting her switchboard career in Lexington Tennessee when she was 18 years old.
CWA Local 3640 Representing American Airlines Reservations Agents in Winston Salem, NC attended the District 3 Conference in Savannah, GA. February 24-27, 2019.We were given the opportunity to say our farewells to John Quinn, District 3 Counsel. He will be retiring but promised us he would bring his bagpipes back!!
We are pleased to say that CWA Local 3181 over the past year has signed up over 300 new members thanks to our crack team of outstanding organizers in Palm Beach County, St. Lucie County School District and the Village of Tequesta.
CWA Local 3181 has about 25 trained Internal Organizers spread throughout the 3 units we represent.
News from CWA District 3 Locals:
* Service Technician Herfner Franklin Saves a Life
* Local Leaders: Wells Fargo Profits Shouldn’t Be At Expense of American Workers, Consumers, and Communities
* There Is a Notion That Unions Are Weak In The South
* Yvonne Kinston Won The Karen Murphy Women Of The Year Award
* Tony Barlow talks about AT&T using contractors versus CWA Members
* Congratulations To Cathy Barksdale
* CWA Awards TV To Paula Loudermilk